Sentinel North is pleased to contribute to the success of events organized by Université Laval’s community by offering financial support for holding events that meet its strategic objectives and mission and allow its outreach and visibility.
One can apply for event support at any time. However, applications are assessed three times a year. Applicants must consider the following valuation dates in their timeline :
- March 31 (for applications submitted between December 1st and March 31)
- July 31 (for applications submitted between April 1st and July 31)
- November 30 (for applications submitted between August 1st and November 30)
Applicants will be notified about the status of their file within 7 business days after the valuation date.
- The applicant must be a recognized researcher or research group (institute, centre, group) from Université Laval.
- The support requested must be for holding an event (e.g. conference, forum, workshop, lecture, training activity, etc.).
Applications for support will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- The relevance on Sentinel North’s strategic objectives and mission
- Sentinel North’s benefits in terms of visibility and outreach (see the "Suggested Visibility Plans" below for more on Sentinel North’s contribution)
- Origin and number of participants in the event justifying a financial contribution from Sentinel North
- Participation of researchers and students from Sentinel North
- The event viability and realistic goals and expected results
- The participation of other sponsors and the financial package submitted
- The completeness and clarity of the information provided
Regarding the amount awarded, Sentinel North will also consider the following conditions :
- The support requested must contribute to reducing expenses related to holding an event and that are eligible according to the criteria of the Canadian research councils.
- The amount awarded for events will be based on eligibility criteria, assessment criteria and available funds. A financial support request may not exceed $20,000.
- Only one financial contribution is provided to the same applicant on an annual basis.
- Renewal of support is not automatic from one year to another and each request must be submitted for assessment.
Note that the amount awarded for an application that meets the eligibility criteria depends on its evaluation and on the funding budget for a given year.