Applications are assessed and judged by the Sentinel North evaluation committee according to the evaluation criteria and weighting process. Only proposals consistent with Sentinel North's research program and supported by applicants' supervisors will be considered.
Sentinel North's Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
Recognizing the richness of diversity within research teams and its benefits to society, Sentinel North endorses the principles of EDI in all of its programs and is committed to ensuring a rigorous, inclusive, non-discriminatory and transparent evaluation process.
We also encourage applications with atypical profiles and take into account educational or career breaks in the evaluation of applications.
Indicators by evaluation criteria
Excellence of the academic record (20 points)
- Grade point averages for previous university studies
- Academic background (length of studies, general course)
- Excellence of academic record in general (awards, scholarships, distinctions obtained)
Applicant's aptitude for research (30 points)
- Justification for application, including research interests and reasons leading the applicant to pursue a Ph.D.
- Applicant's experience and achievements (publications, research assistantships, professional experiences, etc.)
- Social involvement, leadership and communication skills
- Recommendation letter and assessment reports
- Overall presentation of the application
Quality of the research proposal (50 points)
- Clarity of the scientific objectives set out in the proposal
- Appropriateness of the methodology in relation to the objectives
- Contribution to advancement of knowledge
- Relevance of the proposal in relation to Sentinel North's research program
- Expected support from the host institution
- Quality of the supervising team
- Multidisciplinary nature of the proposal
Announcement of the results
Each applicant will receive an email informing them of the evaluation committee's decision at the end of the evaluation process.
Applicants must accept or decline the scholarship within ten (10) business days of receipt of the notice of award by sending an email to email@example.com. If acceptance is not received within this time limit, applicants will be deemed to have declined the scholarship.
Sentinel North's decisions are final and binding.